If the information on this website has helped you, please consider making a contribution so that it can continue to help others.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Thanks for subscribing!
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
Please check the Archives first–it’s likely your question was already addressed.
Unsigned/anonymous questions are not read, much less answered (why is it necessary even to mention this?).
- When is it Okay to Go to an SSPX Mass?
- Can Church Officials Require Us to Get Vaccinated?
- Spiritual Directors and a Seminarian’s Privacy
- The Enormous Loophole in Traditionis Custodes
- Using (And Misusing) Donations to the Church
- Should We Contact the Papal Nuncio?
- Can a Latin Catholic Man Enter an Eastern Catholic Seminary?
- When Does Disobedience Constitute Schism?
- When Can a Bishop Intervene in a Lay Association of the Faithful?
- Altar Girls and the Pope’s New Document
- If you access Amazon through a link on this site and purchase anything at all, Amazon donates a percentage of that purchase to this site, at no cost to you.