If the information on this website has helped you, please consider making a contribution so that it can continue to help others.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Thanks for subscribing!
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
Please check the Archives first–it’s likely your question was already addressed.
Unsigned/anonymous questions are not read, much less answered (why is it necessary even to mention this?).
- Is My Annulment Invalid?
- Getting Married on One’s Deathbed
- Can We Receive Holy Communion Twice on Christmas Day? (Repost)
- Should We Baptize Aborted Babies, If Possible?
- Founding New Religious Institutes: Pope Francis Changes the Law (Episcopal Authority, Part II)
- Retranslating the Liturgy: Pope Francis Changes the Law (Episcopal Authority, Part I)
- Can a Catholic Sue the Church in Civil Court?
- When is it Okay to Go to an SSPX Mass?
- Can Church Officials Require Us to Get Vaccinated?
- Spiritual Directors and a Seminarian’s Privacy
- If you access Amazon through a link on this site and purchase anything at all, Amazon donates a percentage of that purchase to this site, at no cost to you.