Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Thanks for subscribing!
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
Please check the Archives first–it’s likely your question was already addressed.
Unsigned/anonymous questions are not read, much less answered (why is it necessary even to mention this?).
- Why is This Method of Baptizing Invalid?
- Holydays of Obligation, Part II
- How Can A Priest’s Ministry Be Illicit?
- Can the Bishop Refuse to Ordain Me Because I’m Too Old?
- Confession and General Absolution (Repost)
- If I Become a Catholic, What Happens to My Marriage? (Part III)
- Canon Law and Selling a Church
- Canon Law and Closing a Parish
- How Do you Fix an Illicit Sacrament?
- Why Can’t an Ex-Catholic Marry Validly Outside the Church?
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com