Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Thanks for subscribing!
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
Please check the Archives first–it’s likely your question was already addressed.
Unsigned/anonymous questions are not read, much less answered (why is it necessary even to mention this?).
- Canon Law and the Marriage of the Virgin Mary to Saint Joseph
- Sex-Abuse Scandals, Transparency, and the Right to a Good Reputation
- Sex-Abuse Scandals and Papal Responsibility
- Do Sisters Have to Wear Their Habits?
- Why Would I Need to Convert in Order to Get Married?
- When Can a Church be Used for Non-Liturgical Events?
- Why Is the Priest Telling Me Not to Talk to a Canon Lawyer?
- When Can You Get a Dispensation, and Who Can Grant It?
- When Can You Have a Catholic Wedding Without a Mass?
- How Can You Tell a Real Catholic Monastery From a Fake?
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com