Subscribe to Blog via Email
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
- Why Would an Illegitimate Man be Barred from the Priesthood?
- Laypeople Can Always Baptize–But When Should They?
- If the Church Has Never Permitted Divorce, Why Did Henry VIII Expect the Pope to Give Him One?
- Marriage and Quasi-Domiciles
- Do Catholics Have to be Confirmed Before Getting Married?
- Canon Law and Getting What You Want
- How Does the Presence of a Priest at My Non-Catholic Wedding Make it Okay?
- Catholic Funerals and Physician-Assisted Suicide
- Repost: What Are the Church’s Current Rules on Indulgences?
- Excommunication and Bad-Mouthing the Pope
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com