Subscribe to Blog via Email
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
- Besides the Priest, Who Else is Bound by the Seal of Confession?
- Could Canon Law be Changed to Permit Gay Marriage?
- When Can Catholic Soldiers Receive Sacraments from Non-Catholic Chaplains?
- When Can Catholics Receive Communion at a Non-Catholic Service?
- Why Does the Vatican Arrest Leakers, But Not Pedophile Priests?
- Divorce, Remarriage, and Excommunication
- How Much Authority Does a Synod Actually Have?
- Why Doesn’t the Church Publish Marriage Banns Any More?
- How Often Does the Pope Change Canon Law?
- Why Are Some Suggesting That Francis’ Election Was Invalid?
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com