About the author
Cathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love.
In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Can In-Laws Marry in the Church?
- Contraception and Marriage Validity
- Stipends and Sacraments
- Is Every Catholic Church a Parish?
- Why is a Catholic Permitted to Marry in an Orthodox Ceremony?
- What Can (and Can’t) a Deacon Do?
- Why is Philomena No Longer Considered a Saint?
- How Do I File a Canon Lawsuit?
- Are SSPX Sacraments Valid? Part II
- Are SSPX Sacraments Valid? Part I
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com