Subscribe to Blog via Email
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
- Can a Catholic Remarry When a Spouse is Missing/Presumed Dead?
- Why Would Non-Catholics Get an Annulment?
- Why Can a Parish Priest Annul This Marriage?
- Canon Law and a Convent of Rebellious Sisters
- Why Would a Wedding in Our College Chapel be Invalid?
- Can Catholics Marry in Any Parish Church They Want?
- Canon Law and Marriage Records
- Can Catholics be Prohibited from Marrying in Lent and Advent?
- Catechetics and the Authority of the Parish Priest
- Excommunication and the Authority of the Parish Priest
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com