Subscribe to Blog via Email
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
- Who’s in Charge of the Parish When There’s No Parish Priest?
- If My Ex-Spouse Dies, Does That Make My Second Marriage Valid?
- Can You Be Both a Catholic and a Sedevacantist?
- Granting Absolution to an Accomplice in Sin
- Can Our Pastor Kick Us Out of the Parish?
- Can a Pastor Ban a Parishioner from Coming to Mass?
- How Can You Get a Permanent Dispensation from Attending Sunday Mass?
- Why is This Method of Baptizing Illicit?
- Who’s Supposed to Pay a Priest’s Salary?
- Can a Lapsed Catholic Be a Godparent?
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com