About the author
Cathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love.
In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon Law and Marriage Records
- Can Catholics be Prohibited from Marrying in Lent and Advent?
- Catechetics and the Authority of the Parish Priest
- Excommunication and the Authority of the Parish Priest
- Annulments and the Authority of the Parish Priest
- Why Can’t a Deacon Celebrate This Marriage?
- Repost: Confession and General Absolution
- What Are the Church’s Current Rules on Indulgences?
- What Does the Church Really Say About Cremation?
- Catholics in Non-Sacramental Marriages
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com