Subscribe to Blog via Email
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
Please check the Archives first–it’s likely your question was already addressed.
Unsigned/anonymous questions are not read, much less answered (why is it necessary even to mention this?).
- Why Can’t These Priests Ever Celebrate a Valid Catholic Wedding?
- Mass Intentions and Stipends (Part II)
- Can the Pope Validly Marry People on an Airplane?
- How Did My Ex Remarry in the Church, Since We Never Got an Annulment?
- Can Children Have Any Input in Their Parents’ Annulment Proceedings?
- Can You Marry Validly While Intoxicated?
- Can the Priest Refuse to Baptize Our Baby, Since We’re Married Outside the Church?
- Why Can’t He Get Married in the Church, If He’s Got an Annulment?
- Can You Become Catholic If You’re in an Irregular Marriage?
- Can I Get an Annulment If My Ex-Spouse Refuses to Cooperate?
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com