Subscribe to Blog via Email
About the authorCathy Caridi, J.C.L., is an American canon lawyer who practices law and teaches in Rome. She founded this website to provide clear answers to canonical questions asked by ordinary Catholics, without employing all the mysterious legalese that canon lawyers know and love. In the past Cathy has published articles both in scholarly journals and on various popular Catholic websites, including Real Presence Communications and Catholic Exchange.
- Canon lawyers are not responsible for the content of canon law. The Supreme Legislator is. Only Pope Francis can change the Code of Canon Law, so if you're not happy with what the law says, please take it up with him.
- Can a Lapsed Catholic Be a Godparent?
- (Repost) Confession and General Absolution
- Adopting Children of Another Faith (Eastern Churches, Part II)
- Why Don’t We Marry Validly Before a Ukrainian Catholic Priest? (Eastern Churches, Part I)
- Can a Priest Have His Ordination Annulled?
- Can I Get an Annulment Without My Spouse Knowing About It?
- What is the “Old Catholic Church”?
- Can the Pastor Buy and Sell Parish Property Without Our Consent?
- What Happens if Catholic Parents Have Their Child Baptized in a Non-Catholic Church?
- Can a Lapsed Catholic Have a Catholic Funeral?
NOT an ad, just a recommendation!Catholics who are loyal to the Magisterium often come to Rome and book tours which they discover are led by persons either ignorant of, or even overtly hostile to our Church. Faithful Catholics planning a visit to Rome are encouraged to check out Catholic Custom Tours of Rome, on Facebook and also on the web at www.cctoursofrome.com